Monday, January 13, 2014

Newark - NYC - Shanghai

I can't thank the Woods Famiglia enough for their wonderful hospitality, delicious food, endless laughs, and comfy couch. 
I'm really glad I was able to connect with them before my big trip. 

My trip to JFK was smooth, despite the rain and humidity, and I made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Made a few goodbye calls, ate some less than stellar Chinese food, instagramed a lot and then boarded my fifteen hour flight to Shanghai (I snagged an aisle seat thankfully.) 

~~

I'm flying with China Eastern Airlines, which has been a cool experience. I've never felt like such a minority, I've only understood about half the announcements they've made, and the guy next to me definitely doesn't understand when I ask for clarification on the same announcements. Let the cross-cultural fun begin! 


#peanut

PS: the adapter is super useful, thanks andy and rose! 


~~


Chicken and noodles. All pretty delish except for the cabbage..

~~

Eight hours in (11:30pm EST; 2:30pm Sydney time) and I'm asking myself questions like "what time is it?" and "when am I supposed to sleep?"
Of all the the things I googled in preparation for this trip, I forgot "best way to beat jet lag." 

~~

Less than hours left and I just had a seafood dish for breakfast. I feel like quite the bum, sitting in a chair for 15 hours, watching movies, and eating food served to me. 
#breakfastofchampions

~~

Monday 12:30am Sydney Time
This post is getting too long.. Similar to this journey. Made it to Shanghai! Met a Quebecan couple who said I sounded Australian, haha. Thirteen more hours and I'll be in Sydney! 

#wheredidsundaygo? #sundaysundaysunday!
#skippinthesabbath

~~

I made it! That is all...

~~

#peacebewithyou
#intransit

1 comment: